Before 1980 a lot of homes were built with asbestos. Asbestos can be found in floor and ceiling tiles, shingles, siding, insulation, and joint compounds among other things.
Asbestos was used because of its fiber strength and heat resistance.
- Attic and wall insulation produced containing vermiculite
- Vinyl floor tiles and the backing on vinyl sheet flooring and adhesives
- Roofing and siding shingles
- Textured paint and patching compounds used on walls and ceilings
- Walls and floors around wood-burning stoves protected with asbestos paper, millboard, or cement sheets
- Hot water and steam pipes coated with asbestos material or covered with an asbestos blanket or tape
- Oil and coal furnaces and door gaskets with asbestos insulation
- Heat-resistant fabrics
- Automobile clutches and brakes
If you’re concerned about the presence of asbestos in your home or commercial building, contact the professionals at Wing Three for fast and safe asbestos removal and abatement.
We offer free estimates and proven methods of testing before and after the asbestos removal process. Our asbestos mitigation solutions are thorough, safe and comprehensive.
Asbestos is responsible for the lung disease mesothelioma along with a host of other significant health issues. It can be found in insulation, flooring adhesive, roofing materials and other building materials. Asbestos can release tiny airborne fibers when crushed or disturbed, making it a hazard for occupants as well anyone involved in remodeling and demolition work.