Symptoms of mold allergies or Sensitivities
- Eye irritation
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Skin rash
- Difficulty breathing
- Itchy Throat
In the case of mold allergies, you may be able to identify the source of the mold by tracking your symptoms over a two-week period, along with where you’ve been. Exposure to mold allergies can occur just about anywhere — in the home, outdoors or at work.
Antihistamines and decongestants can help relieve the symptoms. Plan ahead and wear a dust mask — or pre-emptively take allergy medications — if you’re going to be around potential sources of mold, such as when doing yard work. Once you are home, remove any mold spores by rinsing your nose with a saline solution and taking a shower.
Another key step in the treatment of mold allergies is guarding against mold in your home:
- Quickly clean up any spills or leaks to prevent mold from growing.
- Use dehumidifiers or exhaust fans — or crack open a window — to help reduce moisture and humidity in bathrooms or other rooms in your home.
- Regularly clean garbage cans and refrigerator drip pans.
- Regularly clear your gutters, and ensure that drainage flows away from your home’s foundation.
- Consult a professional, or follow the guidelines from the Environmental Protection Agency, to clean up existing mold in your home.
Eliminate your mold problem for good with the help of Wing Three.
With more than 20 years of experience, Wing Three is your trusted, local source for efficient and effective mold removal and remediation. We have the expertise, equipment and education to get rid of mold hiding in your basement, attic, bathroom, crawlspace – anywhere the mold rears its ugly head.
Mold is stubbornly pervasive. It will grow almost anywhere moisture is present, and it’s not simply a visual nuisance – mold spores can cause problems for those with allergies as well as anyone with a compromised immune system, particularly young children and the elderly.
Wing Three mold and asbestos removal experts are here to help.
We handle mold and asbestos problems of all shapes and sizes.